2010-07-17

Quebec Residency - a ridiculous story

We heard this ridiculous story which happened in May 2009.

If one day I am suspected being an illegal resident in Quebec, what can I do?
I can provide all the following papers, does it help? Yes, it helps. Is it enough? Unfortunately, I just got an answer - no!
- Valid Canadian Resident Card (which have my current address in QUEBEC)
- Valid Driving License (which have my current address in QUEBEC)
- Valid Medicare Card of QUEBEC
- 5 years' Tax return assessment from REVENUE QUEBEC which have all the address I've ever lived in QUEBEC
- Rental lease in Quebec, the copies match all the addresses above
- City and school tax paid to Quebec, copies match all the addresses above
I got an answer that all these together have not enough.
Quebec residency - what is it on earth?

The message concerning the proof of Quebec residency.
This is to inform you that your proof of Quebec Residency for the Summer 2009 term is incomplete. In order to complete your file for Quebec residency, please chose the most applicable scenario out of the 14 in Part 2 of the attached form, and provide the required documents for that scenario.
For instance, if situation 6 applies to you, the Medicare card you provided completes items 4, 6 , and 8 since it shows that you were indeed residing in Quebec for 12 months prior to the Summer 2009 session. The only other document to provide to complete scenario 6 would be a sworn declaration (witnessed by a commissioner of oaths a lawyer or a notary) that you were not studying full time in the 12 months prior to the Summer 2009 term.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any question regarding this matter,
Thank you,

(Sign)

Then I faxed my sworn statement and declare that 'during the period from Apr. 2007 to Apr. 2009 I was .....' But, the insane, stupid thing continues at the other side of the fax.
I was told: I received further documents to prove Quebec residency. Thank you for providing these documents, however, the dates on the sworn statement must be amended since it was signed for a period longer than 12 months. Situation 6 refers to the 12 month period before the beginning of the semester, therefore the sworn statement must coincide with this reference period. Please sign a new sworn statement using April 2008 – April 2009 as the reference dates.

I may have to redo it. But it's realy ridiculous - Apri 2007 to 2009 can't cover April 2008 to 2009?
At that moment I realised something: the whole Quebec is just ruled under a bureaucracy without any hope.

(John de Trudeau. May 2009 in Montreal.)

This morning (24th of Dec) I was angry again - for the snow piled at my entrance by the city.
Last night, there was about 10 cm snow fall. But why is there 40 cm high, 100 cm width snow at the entrance of my garage?Why do you only pile the snow in front of the houses?Why would the city never clean clean it?
Today, yeah, Christmas Eve, I just faxed to the city and ask them not pile the snow at my house any more
How about your city? There has ever many complaints at the end of last winter. But unfortunately, the situation has nothing changed. Here attached a letter to local newspaper at this March 2008.

I read the Soleil of 12th of March. The letter 'Arretez de pousser la neige dans mon entree' in your column is exactly what I want to say for a long time. Please say thanks to her. Here we have a lazy city. Some other cities collect and remove the snow and clear the road normally in two days after snowing. But here, our city just pile it, pile it and pile it.The snow hill is an headache to many residents. It may take the vehicle just two seconds to pile it there, and then it will take me two thousand seconds to clear my entrance to drive through. More critical, the meters of snow hills seriously block the view. It heavily increases the traffic risk. (March 2008)

No comments: